Science

Natural light is light that is naturally occurring meaning it is not man-made, and these sources do not need humans to create light artificial light is light that is created by humans meaning it is not naturally occurring in the environment and it needs humans to create light.Light travels in a straight line so it has to reflect off something to give light to all of us such as if its smooth ground light bounces off in 1 line. but if it is something like waves its more bumpy so it reflects with multiple light rays.

Coating one side of a piece  with shiny metals creates a mirror, reflecting light coming to it.Window  glass can only reflect 8 percent of light hitting it while mirrors can reflect 95 percent of light hitting them. mirrors are usually coated with aluminium and silver which causes most of the reflection.

Light is an electrical and magnetic combination of energy that can pass through transparent and translucent objects. Non luminous objects are those that do not produce their own light. A mirror is an example of a non luminous objectLemon in a non-symmetrical cut, isolated on a white background. with outline Breakfast Stock Photo

Light travels as a wave. but unlike sound waves or water waves, it does not need any matter or material to carry its energy along. This means that light can travel through i vacuum a completely airless space light also exhibits  characteristics of both waves and particles, latter of which are described as packets of energy called photons. These waves or photons, travel in narrow beams called rays. Only when light rays move from one medium to another such as air to water, are their linear paths altered

Transparent objects are those things that we can see through, translucent objects are not completely clear or transparent, but allow some light to pass through them, and opaque objects completely block light from passing through themrippling crystal blue water

I really enjoyed making this blog I’m kind of a science guy so i find this really fun. I think science is going well this year. I would like to improve in history not the best in it. I would like to learn about the ocean in the future.

One thought on “Science”

1. Hi Nathan,

This was an interesting Science post to read. I learned a lot about light. What type of light do you like best? Did you enjoy all the experiments on light?
    Have fun in Science this year!
    Mrs. Bennett 🙂